KZNCAU 2021/2022 Super League
KZNCAU 2021/2022 Super League
BASIC RULES FOR COMMON VENUE SUPER LEAGUE COMPETITIONS.
1. Competitions will be fished for a period of 5 consecutive hours between the hours of 15h30 to 20h30 on the Saturday only.
2.Dates for the 4 competitions to be fixed as per competition calendar but the venue to be decided by zone coordinators not later than 20h00 on the Wednesday preceding the comp weekend. This will hopefully ensure that we fish best area for the conditions while the same time ensuring all three zones have an opportunity to have the “home ground advantage” at least once. Club Captains are to meet at the designated meeting place a minimum ONE HOUR before the commencement of the competition to confirm teams, this meeting can also be done virtually via the zone WhatsApp Group at the discretion of the zone committee/co-ordinator. This meeting will also confirm if there is a post round meeting to be held or not.
3. All fish caught must be witnessed for super leagues. Witnessing of fish and the measurement thereof must be by a member of an opposing club. Data capturing on weight cards must have the witness’s name, surname, SASAA number clearly on card. The Weigh Cards are to be signed off by opposing member before the angler casts again.
4. No fish with a calculated measurement weight of less than 0.5kg for edible fish and 1kg for inedible fish, shall be eligible in any competition.
5. All slide clip devices [return and non-return] are not permitted to be used in all formats of Common Venue and Super league Competitions
6. Where there is no distinct mouth to a river, the boundary shall be taken as the point at which the distance between the blind lagoon and the sea is a minimum.
7. If the clubs agree to have a post competition meeting in person, then the returns are to be completed by the respective club captains and countersigned by at least one other club captain The returns must then to be handed to the Zone coordinator of the respective Zone, whose responsibility it will be to ensure that they are sent to the KZNCAU Competition Secretary by the following Tuesday after the competition.
8. Only common, frozen bait are to be used for the Common Venue Super League Competitions and the Annual Meet. Common Bait is limited to the ffg only.
Any Swimming Prawns (not sand prawn/cracker prawn)
Chokka (min of 20cm tube length),
Sardine, Redeye Sardine,
Mullet, Yellowtail, and “Bonnies” (including Frigates and Sarda)
No live bait of any form may be used.
9. During all formats of competitions, no closed season fish will be counted or used as bait. No East Coast Rock Lobster allowed to be used as bait out of season. Great White sharks, Brindle Bass, Potato Bass, and Natal Wrasse do not count. The Union encourages catch and release of all fish.
COVID RULES AND REGULATIONS APPLICABLE TO THE 2021/2022 SEASON
The following amendments may apply to the competition rules below, due to the Covid 19 pandemic.
1. The angling hours will be decided upon and confirmed by the Management Committee no later than the Wednesday evening of the competition week, this is in line with the National curfew times. Fishing times may be adjusted to start as early as from 14:00 to end no later than 20:30 for a maximum of 5hours of fishing.
2. Zone committee/Zone Co-ordinators may at the discretion and agreement of the meeting fish the entire area per zone; these zones are as follows:
A) North Zone – Amatikulu River to Umdloti River
B) South Zone – Umbogintwini River to Mtwalume River
C) Far South Zone – Mtwalume River to Umtanvuna River
3. Pre round meetings can also be done virtually via the zone WhatsApp Group at the discretion of the zone committee/co-ordinator. This meeting will also confirm if there is a post round meeting to be held or not. At the pre round meeting team sheets and covid registers to be submitted
4. If the clubs agree to have a post competition meeting in person, then the returns are to be completed by the respective club captains and countersigned by at least one other club captain. The returns must then to be handed to the Zone coordinator of the respective Zone, whose responsibility it will be to ensure that they are sent to the KZNCAU Competition Secretary by the following Monday after the competition.
5. Under covid regulations all fish caught must be witnessed. Witnessing of fish and the measurement thereof shall be done in two possible ways:
a) By an opposing club member: -
All fish caught shall be witnessed. Witnessing of fish and the measurement thereof should be by a member
of an opposing club and signed off. APPLICABLE TO COMMON VENUE ZONAL AND SUPER LEAGUE
b) By an anglers’ fellow club member: -
Clear photographic evidence must be provided of each fish caught with the measuring tape over the fish, clearly indicating the measurement with either the weigh card or suitable identification of SASAA number in the background. Witness name, surname and SASAA number must be clearly visible on the weigh card. No signature is needed for "same club" witnesses as the photographic evidence should identify the species and size. Applicable to Common Venue Zonal only.
Note, in both a and b above, the verification process must be completed before the angler may cast again. Each club must form a competition WhatsApp group where these photographs must be submitted. The photographs must be verified by the club captain prior to completion of the club's catch return. The completed catch returns to be submitted on the Zone WhatsApp group by 22h30 on the competition date. The club secretary/captain to submit the catch returns together with photographs of all recorded catches to the KZNCAU Competition Secretary by 17h00 on the Monday following the competition round.
6. All COVID-19 regulations are to remain in place. After every competition round each club will have to submit the following: club Covid-19 screening register, all anglers weigh cards who caught fish & club return sheet to the Zone coordinator who then submits it to the competition secretary via email.
7. All anglers need to be registered on the weighmasters application to be eligible fish the new season 2021/2022. An angler only must register once on the application for all the rounds.
North - Mervin Pillay 0634073788
South - Ian Pretorius 0824944610
Far South - Dean Pretorius 0827745464
Secretary : Kishanth Ramsoorooj 083 534 0991